The Petschek Palace    <=|   07   |=>
    only that these proceedings had taken place during the second martial law in the absence of the accused. Their fate was decided without their participation.
    In the session taking place in the executive office of Gestapo it was decided that the outer offices would announce to the president of the Martial Court by telex persons fixed for liquidation.  Dr. Witiska sent all the proposal confirmed again back by telex. On the 29th of september 1942 in the Petschek Palace it was also decided about the fate of the arrested 254 members of the families of the parachutists, all their relatives, all without being present. From the police prison in Terezín they were killed by the Nazis. On the account of the Prague Martial Court new mass murders were added. Further 855 men and 162 women were bleeding to death on places of execution in Bohemia on account of the sentences passed by the Martial Court from the 28th of May till July 2nd 1942.
    The Nazis used the most drastic form of terror wiped
out the village Lidice (shot down the men of Lidice, transferred the woman to concentration camps, murdered most the children, burt down the village Ležáky), murdered all grown up inhabitants and kidnapped the children unknown where to.
    These actions were prepared in the prague central office, because it was Gestapo who was the guarantee for the realization of such terrible crimes. It was the idea of Prague Gestapo and K. H. Frank to wipe off Lidice. That came true and the 10th of June 1942.
    The burning down of Ležáky was dealt with Dr. Geschke and K. H. Frank and on June 24th, 1942 Gestapo, strengthened by the members of the police regiment SS Bohemia realized the crimes in East Bohemia.
    The total amount of victims in the period of the second martial law in the Czech countries can be estimated at more than 5.000 people which means ten times more in comparison with the first martial law.
    In autumn 1942 a new chief-SS Obersturmbannführer high governmental councilor Dr. E. Gerke appeared in the executive office in Prague, who from the hall of October 1942 till the end of the Nazis' occupation managed the activity of Gestapo in